We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team! The primary responsibility of the Accounting Assistant is to support our day-to-day transactions. Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our company’s financial health and make sure we use our resources beneficially. If you are interested in finance and accounting, we’d like to meet you.
Resource Options, Inc is a full-service staffing firm serving the design, construction, environmental and emergency response industries. We provide customized staffing solutions to clients servicing the built and natural environment. Recognized on five different occasions by Inc. Magazine as one of “America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies”, ROI was founded in 1998 by a group of experienced industry professionals. Our proven ability to deliver highly qualified candidates in a timely fashion has earned us the reputation as a true and lasting business partner with both clients and candidates.
Resource Options, Inc is truly a special place to work. We are a dynamic and collaborative workplace, and our energetic team is dedicated to making a difference within the organization and in the larger community. This is a terrific opportunity to become part of an established and growing company and to be an increasingly important resource for the continued growth of the organization.
• Work both independently and collaboratively to resolve customer and internal questions
• Collaborate across teams to work on a variety of projects to improve client experience and operations
• Balance daily tasks with projects and team goals
• Processing of account applications for new client accounts to determine credit worthiness and risk
• Facilitate the distribution of client onboarding packet to all new client accounts
• Assist with the maintenance of weekly company aging report, including some client collection calls.
• Resolution of client invoicing disputes
• Processing of Client lien waivers
• Supporting the processing of candidate payroll and invoicing.
• Redistribution of client invoices to ensure timely payment of invoices as needed
• Tracking and application of daily checks to accurately reflect account status
• Processing of client payments via phone
• Respond to client requests for Insurance and W-9 information
• Accountable for creating an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the organization's mission, vision, and values.
• Perform other related duties periodically as required and assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively as necessary
• Proficiency with computer software, including MS Office Suite and web applications
• Administrative and/or customer service experience preferred but not required
• Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Accountant Assistant or similar role
• Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
• Organizational and time-management skills
• Attention to detail, with an ability to detect errors and to make the correct JE
Resource Options, Inc offers a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, dental, paid time off, life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability insurance. We also offer employee paid benefits such as voluntary life insurance and vision .
Resource Options, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, active military or veteran status, age, handicap, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or Local law.